1600 W Lake St, Streamwood, IL 60107, USA

Don't trust their brake work! My Prius rear brake rotor put on by them were cut in March 2018, right after I drove back home from their store, I noticed the rotors had grooves on it. I called them many times and complained about it. Today (May 21, 2018) I stopped by and wanted to show my concern to their service department director Anthony Thiel. First I was told that he is at another dealership so I cannot talk to him. But later the assistant manager went inside and brought him over. Mr. Thiel was very arrogant and rude. I told him I drove all the way to their store to show him my concern, but at one point he said "I did not tell you to come!". When questioned him about the grooves on rear rotor, I compared with my front brake rotors which were original and groove-free, he said my front rotors were made in Japan and my rear rotor they put on were made somewhere else, so they are not comparable. He offered me to cut the rear rotors again, but told me grooves will come back. So I turned down his offer.

They rear brake rotors and pads were replaced by Elgin Toyota at the end of 2016, and the rotor became so rough in January of 2018, and the technician said the caliber froze due to lack of grease put on the caliber from the work done in 2016. That is why I asked to re-cut the surface of the rear brake in March 2018.

When looking at the whole thing, the poor brake service are multiple-folds: (1) The work done at end of 2016 did not have caliber greased properly. (2) The rotor they put on do not meet the standard of the factory rotor. That is why so many grooves on their rotors.

I thought Toyota dealers would use all the quality parts, but apparently it is not the case with Elgin Toyota.

My original rear brake lasted almost 80,000 miles, but after Elgin Toyota replaced my rear brake, it lasted a little bit more than 10,000 miles and then I had to resurface the rotors.

It is very disappointing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Elgin Toyota Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments